SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is essential to improve how well you rank in search engine results. The higher you rank the better, because more people will see your page which will hopefully result in more enquiries and sales. SEO is a complex and ever-changing subject with many variables at play, and there are no guarantees you will obtain a certain ranking. However, there are many things you can do to help assist with a better ranking. To help you out here's three things for you to check...
1 / Mobile friendly = better ranking
Google now uses mobile versions of a website when indexing and ranking instead of the desktop version. This change has come about because Google found that most people are searching on a mobile device. So if you want to help your site rank well in searches you will need a mobile-friendly and responsive website, that also loads content quickly. You can run a test on your site to check if it passes the mobile-friendly requirements. You just need to enter your web address into a field and it will give you the results...
2 / Speed to load = better ranking
Google announced that from July 2018 the speed that a page loads will be a ranking factor in search results. Google has found that people want results quickly when they are browsing or conducting business online. If a page is slow to load it will often get abandoned. It’s a good idea to take a look at your site and compress any large images over 1MB in size.
A great tool to assist you is Biteable https://biteable.com/tools/image-resizer/ – an ad-free online image resizing tool with the most extensive guide on different sizes for online use including social media posts.
Other options are:
- Tinypng ~ to compress images for use on the web, the effect is nearly invisible but it makes a very large difference in file size. https://tinypng.com/
- Image Resize ~ fast, free and easy to use. Image resize, crop, compress, convert and basic image editing. https://imageresize.org/
3 / Video = better ranking
Video is quickly becoming one of the most important forms of content marketing for many reasons. It humanises your business, connects directly with your target markets, and it can assist with how well your site ranks in searches. Google is increasingly prioritising websites with video content because consumers like it and Google is all about optimising search results for the end user. Brands using video content to market their products and services can experience a sizeable increase in traffic through web searches compared to others who don’t include video in.
It is predicted that by 2019 online content will consist of 80% video marketing. This percent is continually rising by a whopping 100% annually. So why not try it out for yourself.
The Designerbloom web building service
Invest in a customised website that not only allows potential clients to find you on search platforms but also impresses them with great content, design and functionality.
- Customised to your brand
- Social Media integrations
- Responsive and Mobile friendly
- Easy for you to edit and update yourself
- Features can include blogs, custom contact forms and much more
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) setup - improves search engine rankings
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate
- Excellent support systems directly through Rocketspark
- Website files backed up automatically through Rocketspark